Saint-Malo : a captivating town of history with lot of things to visit. Stroll through the tiny streets of the old privateers’ town, follow the trail of fascinating historical figures : Chateaubriand, Surcouf, Jacques Cartier…
Shop at the many boutiques; enjoy a drink at a sun-filled terrace, walk around the battlement walls, then take in the fresh sea air as you walk back along the beach. Saint-Malo is also stage to various cultural and sporting events such as the Route du Rhum the sailing race, large sailboat conventions, the literary festivals « Étonnants Voyageurs » and « Quai des Bulles »…
Saint-Malo it is also:
- The highest tides in Europe to go fishing in Saint-Malo’s bay
- Walk on the ramparts of Saint-Malo to discover the Privateers’ City
- Visit the Fort National and travel through time discovering the famous architect Vauban ’buildings
- Walk in the heart of Cancale, a small fishing port and taste Cancale’s specialty : oysters
- Discover the region of the French writer Chateaubriand, its castle in Combourg and its tomb on the island of Grand Bé in St-Malo
- Dive into the Grand Aquarium de Saint-Malo’ s universe
- Excursions to the Channel Islands.
Make the most of Saint-Malo, a place full of History, festivals and nautic events.